Sunday, November 18, 2007

Football in the leaves









































Bennett woke up Saturday morning itching to play football, so Stephen took him out to the front yard--which we rarely use since the kids always play out back--to rake leaves and play a little pigskin. I could hear B laughing and had to join in the action. And then came the rookie: little Eli woke up from his morning nap and made a stellar debut as family running back. Bennett also showed off his new bike-riding skills (don't worry, it's the neighbor girl's bike, although had our son chosen a pink and purple bike we'd have supported his decision) after we'd jumped in the leaves enough times to undo all of Stephen's raking.

6 comments:

kenders said...

The front of your house looks so adorable. :) Now both of us can enjoy a real yard. It makes all the difference. PS. Ju your brother would be proud of Eli! You gotta save that football picture in case he actually does play someday. :) I can't believe he's doing that and he's not even quite 1 yet. Super man!

Stephen said...

I should save the photo, although I'm a little embarrassed by the fact that Eli's wearing his pajamas/sleeper tucked into tennis shoes...

Heidi Lyn said...

It looks like Fall! I'm so jealous. I know how you love autumn. . . How was the big Thanksgiving?

Stephen said...

Yes, I love how long fall lasts here... although I am starting to miss the snow a bit (thanks to all the Christmas commercials). Turkey day went well; I'll have to get some pix up.

Jana Miller said...

Startin' em young!!! Just wait - that metabolism does not slow down. Look at Kaelan - eats like a horse, looks so lean!!! Speaking of football - Kaelan just got a new video game called Madden and it's all football - you use genetics to form your own players and team. Very complex but Stephen woud love it - when you coming to play?!!!

Paula's Place said...

Your yard is big and your place is really great! I'm SO happy for you - this is definitely a step up. You'll have to take a little video of the interior - I'd love to see how you ended up fixing your walls (remember when we talked about that?)..... Watch out NFL! They're getting ready young - it will be the Geddes bros, not the Mannings - watch out Eli Manning, a young Eli is on his way!