Saturday, August 18, 2007

Eli's Dance Fever





There's nothing like an eight month-old baby shaking his booty to diffuse the stress and irritation of a bad day. Eli has turned into quite the little dancing monkey lately: any time he hears music, and I mean any time (sacrament hymns & sirens included), he begins to move his body and bob his head to the beat. My favorite is when he's mad or crying about something and then hears music: tears are streaming, lips are pursed in a pout, but those hips--they're still going. In fact, he and Bennett have started their own daily dance party, typically in the morning while I get dressed and listen to some tunes, and they are hilarious to watch. Bennett runs and spins and throws himself on the floor, while Eli just stands there shaking his little hips.

3 comments:

Jenae said...

It makes me so happy to hear that Eli can shake his booty already! He's probably already counting down to church dances.

Hannah said...

MIss J! Your boys are adorable! You seem to be such a fun and creative mom...your boys are so lucky. I love your ideas on getting Bennett to read scriptures. I'm sure I would have just given up or gotten mad. :) It's fun to see what you're up to and it seems like all is well. We had our reunion and it was a blast, though planning wasn't the same without you and your couch.:)

Jim and Connie Jory said...

He's your son isn't he? doesn't surprise me at all! -- He's got the rhythm!!! :)