5/8/10
Empty calories. You've heard of them, right? Foods that fill your body with little or no nutritional value, regardless of how delicious and desirable they are. They're the calories that don't make you stronger or healthier, but sometimes they make you a whole lot happier. For a few minutes, at least. You certainly can't live on empty calories alone, and if you consume too many of them in too short a time you end of feeling a little sick.
Today, I woke up thinking about the mental counterpart of empty calories. Empty thoughts, I suppose you'd call them. These are the not-so-significant things that fill my mind, especially during the a.m. hours when I can't fall back asleep. Early morning insomnia has to be one of my least favorite things about my thirties, by the way. Lying in bed, I sometimes stop and wonder why I'm worrying about something so insignificant, something that in the grand scheme of things will not affect my happiness, but in the daily scheme of things feels like it will.
No comments:
Post a Comment