The retro posts have come to an end,
which means you get to hear about today.
Ready for a whine-fest?
I hope so, because today was pretty lame.
Woke up feeling crummy after a long night
of feverish, achy, tossing and turning.
Yuck.
Not my idea of an ideal Easter morning.
I didn't even get out of bed until after Stephen and the kids got home from church.
At 12:30pm.
I swear there was a gravitational pull between my head and my pillow.
No kidding.
What this meant for the kids:
No Easter baskets,
no egg hunt,
no candy,
no presents,
no special Easter breakfast,
not even Easter dinner with family.
Nothing.
I had some stuff bought, just no energy to put any of it together
when I could barely sit up and walk around.
The highlight of our day = cleaning our house enough
to not kill ourselves on toys every time we walk into a room.
Pretty pathetic, I know.
Some days are just like that, I suppose, even if they happen to land on Easter Sunday. :(
2 comments:
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear you're so sick! We have all been there...your family will understand and bounce back! Let me know if you need anything. I'm here!
Thankfully, the kids WERE more understanding about it than I thought they would be. And thanks for the offer to help--I might take you up on it. ;)
Post a Comment