Um, yeah. One order of humble pie (favorite entree of parenthood apparently). Millie has shocked us with the amount of fiesty one little body/spirit can contain and frequently wield at us. Some of her independence and defiance comes from being three, common characteristics for that age group, some of it comes from having to hold her own against two harrassing, older brothers; but some of it comes from her unique personality, the same one she entered this life with, the same one she'll always have.
I mention Millie's stubborn, sassy, strong-willed toughness to emphasize the contrast and true appreciation I feel for moments when I see something other. The moments when she shows me that, despite knowing how to throw a solid left hook, she's still a girl. She shows me this when she puts her stuffed animals down for a nap. She shows me when she wants to help do the dishes. She shows me when she changes her outfits five times a day, or plays with my jewelry and make-up for the umpteenth time. And as of this summer and fall, she shows me in her dance class.
Ballet
Tap
Can you tell she's found her calling in life? My goodness, does she love it. I definitely don't mind watching her, either. It's just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. So two cheers for dancey dance!!
5 comments:
So darling!! Millie and Aunt Kendra definitely have some bonding to do -- they are quite a bit alike (the sass and the ballet)
UH Huh! I remember when we would all sit and watch you dance. Even without training, you were awesome! Millie looks so cute in these photos - can't wait to see her. :)
I'd say she definitely shows her girl side with her great love for princesses.
Uh huh! By the number of photos we see here, I would say that Mommy is also into this dance things! Ha!
Mills looks so adorable in that tutu! So fun that she has a passion. Love that girl.
~Aunt Nae
Post a Comment