. . . take a break and do something fun the first weekend in September. Isn't that how the scripture goes? Maybe it should be when you're feeling a bit bogged down by the first few weeks of back-to-school schedules and demands.
To be perfectly honest, I hadn't even thought about Labor Day weekend, what with all the drop-offs and pick-ups and meetings and homework. Stephen, however, had thought about it. In fact, my homebody hubby surprised me by planning a daytrip. On his own. Way in advance. Without any coaxing or hinting or guilt-tripping. He picked the town, he picked the activity; he even picked the eats. Wahoo!
We woke up Saturday morning, grabbed Liz, hopped in the van, crossed the Golden Gate Bridge, drove through gorgeous Marin County, and ended up in a little town I've always wanted to visit.
Santa Rosa
Charles Schulz Museum
Then we headed here for lunch
(recently opened in Santa Rosa)
for the yummiest pastrami sandwich I've ever eaten
#99 Charles Schulz
in case you want to try it yourself.


4 comments:
Forget #99, It's all about the ménage a trios! How fun!
I thought about getting that one, LL--it looked really good, AND I thought of you just being there, since you're always talking about the Ike's in the city. You're totally right, by the way. Delish!
Sounds like so much fun! I want my hubby to plan a day trip!
Good for Stephen!
Post a Comment