Sunday, January 15, 2012

Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'



Eli wore this badge of honor early last fall.
Guess how he got it?
Bike + fall without helmet = eating pavement

Sadly, my reaction was not one of loving comfort.
"How many times have I told you to wear a helmet?!!"
"THIS is why!!"

I thought that scar would never go away.
But it finally did.

And then I'm sure he was on to the next accident and/or injury.

Our Eli falls a lot.
And not from our pushing him.
Promise.
Not that I'm not tempted sometimes for the ridiculous decisions he makes.
(like tying his sister's scooter to the end of a jump rope and swinging it around our backyard,
or throwing a softball--the real, heavy kind--at the house just to see what would happen)
Ugh.

At least he's resilient, I suppose. 
His frequent injuries never seem to keep him down for long.




These shots sorta make me miss summer... but ultimately have nothing to do with this post.
 

The kids all tan and short-sleeved.



Lazy summer naps
 

1 comment:

Jim and Connie Jory said...

Wow, look how grown up your boys look! Amazing! Bennett is so handsome....