It's official: I need more sleep. Not that I need anyone else to tell me how tired I feel from foolishly staying up past midnight for way too many nights in a row. But when my four-year-old pronounces, "Mommy, you look like the emperor from Star Wars. Your eyes look like his," to the quick agreement of his older brother, then at least I know I'm not fooling anyone else, either.
Depressing but sobering wake-up call. Gotta love kids and their brutal honesty.
8 comments:
Ouch! I'm right there along with you! I guess anything for a moment's peace and quiet.
Love it! My kids never hesitate to point out my rosacea, otherwise knows as my "red cheeks." At least we can laugh at it. Now go to bed early tonight!
Fun catching up on your blog. Good luck getting more sleep--that post is hilarious. Your kids are adorable and so grown up.
hysterical! had to call brian over to read this :-)
I can't believe that they would notice and say that - so funny....
gotta love it. Jacob never fails to point things out like, "mom your tummy looks big"...
That is hilarious, Julianne. I'm feeling like that though these days with trying to burn the candle at both ends. Up till way too late and then up early for these runs to get ready for a race I'm seriously thinking twice about now!! I feel ya, though!
ROFL!!!! Only boys would make that reference. The Emperor! Kids just have NO filter. Mine have said some doozies over the years.
Post a Comment