Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Did I say he was well?

Poor Stephen.  I feel like I cursed him by writing a post about his health, because wouldn't you know it, now he's so miserably sick he can hardly stand it.  And it's all my fault.  Me and my dumb post.

Here's a little timeline:

Last Sunday -- I write about how healthy my hubby is.
Three days later -- Stephen cleans up a bleach spill under our bathroom sink.
Next morning -- He wakes up feeling like he has a sinus infection
That day -- We drive into the mountains for three days of seriously chilly camping, through most of which Stephen is dripping, sniffling, and shivering.
Sunday morning (yes, Father's Day) -- Stephen wakes up with a killer fever and stays in bed for one of the lamest Fathers' Days in the history of Fathers' Days. 
Yesterday -- The sickie talks to his doctor and confirms what he'd suspected: he got a chemical burn in his sinus lining while cleaning up that bleach.  I did not know that was even possible.
Today -- Another sick day, due to sleepless night and some seriously bloody snot.  What is going on with those sinuses?

Moral of the story = I will never write another post that includes the word "well" and any other family member in my household, lest the curse return.

1 comment:

Alisa said...

That seriously sucks!!! I've gotten a very minor burn from beach before but never anything that bad. I'm so sorry he's so sick!