Millie loves to say "Yay!" It started out as her way of showing enthusiasm for something, but now it's turned into her version of "yes" for just about everything. I'll ask her if she's hungry. "Yay!" She'll see one of the boys putting on his shoes to walk to school. "Yay!" She'll bring me my shoes when she wants to go outside and play in the backyard. "Yay!" She'll see someone picking up a remote to turn on a show. "Yay!" Her exuberance for such simple, daily things cracks me up.
Other "Yay!"-worthy things in Millie's life right now, in no particular order:
1. Swings.
2. Daddy and all men that look like daddies. (She's cozied up to a few absolute, and thankfully kind & patient, strangers in restaurants before simply because they're men.)
3. Shoes. She spends a good chunk of her day putting on and taking off shoes. Her own shoes, the boys' shoes, and of course my shoes most especially. Several of my favorite flats are no longer pairs anymore, by the way. Too weird to wear two different shoes together?
4. Baby dolls. I'm happy to say she's spending almost as much time with dolls as she is with superheroes and legos these days. Marked improvement, people. That said, I am a little unsure about her interaction with said dolls. She'll be hugging and kissing them one moment and then pretend screaming and crying with them the next. Extreme emotions, to be sure.
5. Slides.
6. The top bunk of her brothers' beds.
7. Purses, bags, backpacks, anything she can sling over her shoulder.
8. Music and dancing. She does the funniest plie you've ever seen.
9. "Go, go, go"-ing just about anywhere. She's like her mama, who loves getting out of the house.
10. Books. I must confess, this is my favorite of her favorites. I will frequently find her sitting in the rocking chair of her room, flipping through almost every one of the books on her shelf (thirty to forty) in one sitting. It warms my heart every time.
11. Bath time.
12. Repetition. Another thing we hear a lot from her is "A-gaaaain!"
13. Kisses.
14. Hugs.
15. "Ma ma." Even if I'm gone for only five minutes, the moment I walk back in the door, I hear "Ma ma!" from somewhere in the house with such glee and surprise you'd think I'd been gone for days.
| The backyard treehouse, her favorite hang-out |
| She and her beloved swing in the background |
| Curious as can be |
| How could I forget her love ot Sillybands, rubberbands and hairbands?! She loves having something on her wrist. |
| Another favorite haunt, the shoe box by the back door |
| Gotta have a bag on her arm |
5 comments:
SO much personality bursting out of that little sassy girl! I love her! Yay!
That first pic is like the cutest picture ever!
Oh she is cute. And that snuggling up to men is hilarious.
So precious. I can't believe how cute she is.
What ADORABLE photos - TOOO cute and now I have even more! Yay!!!! Ha!
Post a Comment