Sorry I fell off the face of the blogosphere for awhile there. I hadn't planned to disappear, promise. I wish I had some really fun, exciting excuses to blame my radio silence on, but I don't. Just life. And I suppose the lives of others. Actually a lot more has happened in other people's lives than our own, but we have been affected, and in some instances changed, by those happenings.
It's strange how you can go months untouched by tragedy, and then all of a sudden you can't escape it. That's how the past month has been: a LOT of life compressed into a few short weeks. Deaths, births, divorce, illness, accidents. The veil has felt thinner than usual as we've listened to our children pray for the toddler and baby that were taken "back to heaven" or for their parents who "are real, real sad right now." The power of prayer has felt more tangible as I've watched these families be buoyed up by the Spirit and others' love for them as they show such remarkable strength, peace and understanding about the plan of salvation and their little ones' place in it.
Guardian angels have felt closer as Bennett and Eli have walked away from a car crash unscathed, a crash that totaled the car, bashed in the very door where B was sitting and shattered window glass all over him. The priority of a happy marriage has felt paramount as a beloved family has started down the long road of divorce, a road I painfully remember and wish I could take away from their children.
Anyway, I'm back from a brief and reflective hiatus, back to do just about the only kind of family history I know how to do, that of documenting the goings-on of our little family of five. I'll be back-posting for a little while, so don't be fooled if you don't see anything after today. Just scroll down.
No comments:
Post a Comment