

A friend hosted a little Easter egg hunt in her backyard, and I was just sure that Bennett was old enough this year to understand the whole "hunting" concept. I thought he remembered from last year, and we'd been hyping up this egg hunt with his friends for days. He even helped me fill the plastic eggs with crackers, chocolates and jelly beans; every time he wanted to eat one, I'd tell him, "Not until the egg hunt tomorrow." So when the big moment arrived for him to gather away, I knew he'd pull through and "bring home the chocolate" so to speak. No such luck. He found one or two eggs in the grass and then noticed some toy cars and trucks in the bark. "Mommy, wook, a tractor!" So while the other kids' baskets spilled over with eggs, Bennett squatted in the bark and played with the backyard toys. Cars over chocolate? He really is a boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment