Sunday, July 27, 2014

Hakone Gardens

Most of you know I taught high school in Saratoga, and while I spent quite a bit of time in the little downtown area there--eating out with colleagues or meeting friends after work--I never had a chance to go to the Japanese gardens at the end of the street.  Stephen and I have meant to go there for years, but you know how that goes sometimes.  So when my mom visited recently and we wanted a quick outing, this place popped into my mind and we went.












The kids enjoyed the first few days of summer break with Grandma Paula in town.  Besides the gardens, we hit the beach with her and also just enjoyed not having to be anywhere by eight in the morning.  Stay in jammies 'til noon?  Yes, please.  Play ping pong with Benito at 9am just 'cause I can?  You bet.




1 comment:

Amy said...

Why have I never heard of those gardens? Thanks for the hot tip.