Hello Family and Friends,
Thanks to
my good luck or perhaps exceptional college basketball prognostication skills I have
won 4 tickets to the Men's NCAA Final Four tournament in Arlington,
Texas for the April 5th Saturday games and the final on Monday April
7th.
Who knew that online bracket challenge games could be so much fun and so rewarding!
The
only problem is that I only have 1 ticket. I am taking my two boys,
but I am having a bear of a time finding someone else who
either wants to go or is available to go.
I
asked if I could sell the 4th ticket, but they won't let me. It was a
family bracket challenge and I am only allowed to bring family members
and pick up the tickets when I get there.
They will email a ticket confirmation that I will redeem when we arrive.
All airfare and the hotel are covered as well.
I thought about returning the extra ticket since I cannot sell it, but you know I can't refuse a freebie.
The only problem is that if I bring one of you with me, you will have to pretend to be part of the family.
No biggie, huh.
So
anyways, I need to know by end of day today at 4pm. So the first
person who can provide a convincing argument for why they should be the
lucky 4th wheel will earn themselves a free ticket to the Big Dance:

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention one item...today is a day that is near and dear to my heart.
So Happy April Fool's everyone!
Cheers :)
Stephen
3 comments:
I was looking forward to your post to see what kind of April Fools joke you would try to pull this year! Such a fun tradition!
4pm arrived and here are some of the comments from friends and coworkers that I emailed. The names of the innocent have been removed:
1)Congrats on that! You're the first person I know who won something like this. FYI - 6 Flags Over Texas is in Arlington too
2)Congratulations on your skillful luck! The Zags are staying home and I guess so should I. Thanks for the offer anyway.
3)How exciting- have a great time.
4)How fun!! Congratulations. And it is VERY generous of you to offer up that 4th ticket! I hope you got a taker and you all have a wonderful time!!
5)Thank you SO much for the invite! Unfortunately, I'll be traveling back from Ohio and won't be available this weekend. I appreciate you thinking of me!
6)You had me there! Even though I'm not into basketball, I read through it all!
And here is my favorite:
7)"You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was getting so mad at myself because I REALLY wanted to go, but I'm traveling next week and the week after for work, and I KNEW ....(his wife) wouldn't put up with 3 trips in a row. I even got to the point where I was talking to my coworkers trying to figure out how I could convince her it was ok.
AND THEN, I scrolled down. You are cruel sir."
Good times :)April Fool's going strong since 2009!
Stephen
Fool me once, shame on you -- fool me twice, shame on me!
Ha, ha
I was wondering what you did this year for your April 1 tradition...
Post a Comment