Saturday, March 21, 2009

2 + 3 = Time for a new car


Don't you think this is the perfect car for a growing family?

Neither did my husband, darn it...
(someday I'll convince him)

So we went with this instead:


(ours is not quite this new and shiny but pretty close)

Certainly not as sporty or fun but definitely a bit more family-friendly.

Things the boys love about the minivan:

--Power-sliding door (Eli giggled the first ten times that door opened or closed by itself and now cries, "Close it! Close it!" as soon as he's in the van)

--All that space (Bennett started in the captain chair, then opted for the back row, and is now back up by Eli)

--Big, high, tinted windows that roll down on request

Things Mom and Dad love about the minivan:

--No more opening doors for kids or having to lift them in

--No more bending over to strap kids in (Our backs feel better already)

--"Holy trunk space, Batman!" (I could fit all five of our single/double strollers in there if I wanted)

--Rear everything, from air to sound to space (not having to hear them or their music as much)

--Room for friends and family to ride with us

--All the other fun perks that come with a newer car

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Minivans are magical. I loved having room for all the kids where they weren't touching. Never had power doors but they seem fantastic. Congratulations.

Becky said...

Sweet, does it come with the water slide in the background? It's amazing all of the new perks in the last five years since we were in the same situation.

Jenae said...

Can't wait to take a spin in the new wheels someday!! Heck, you would have room for my kids too!! :)

Stephen said...

It's eight passenger, baby, so we'd have room for you, your hubs and your kiddies!

Denita said...

We have the same thing and LOVE it. Congrats! One of the best things about transitioning to a 5 person family!

Meghan said...

So RAD, Julianne! I have spent my whole live loathing the idea of someday becoming a "mini-van mom", but these days it sounds perfectly lovely. Congrats on becoming a "minivan mom"!!!!

Unknown said...

Hip Hip HOoray. You have joined us cool people who drive mini vans. I love mine. You will LOVE it.

Atzimba said...

Congratulations!!!!! It's fun and great to have space for everyone and driving it does not feel like a huge vehicle either. I am so happy for you and your family. Enjoy!

Laura said...

Yeah for minivans!! I'll admit~ I'm a minivan whore. Yes, I said it. I'd do just about anything for my minivan =) We've had ours three years and I still love it!

Pinky Homer said...

I love having a minivan too ... we upgrade it when after the 3rd baby and haven't looked back. Carpooling is great and I don't have to drive as much to school. Enjoy!

Heidi Lyn said...

Nice van! Although I'll always remember following the mini around Tennessee . . .