Sunday, May 18, 2014

Wacky Walkathon

 Eli sent an email out to family a few weeks ago:
 

Julianne Geddes julgeddes@gmail.com

Apr 23
 
to Stephen, Kristi, Robert, Elisabeth, dadconhome, Paula
 
I need some money for my school walkathon. any amount of money. :) :)           from Eli

You gotta love the way kids communicate.
Straight to the point, huh?
 
Stephen took the packet to his office,
and many kind coworkers donated.
Eli loved calling his dad at work for updates on totals.
"Wow, I can't believe I have that much money!!"
You've never seen a kid so proud
to turn in walkathon $.
 
Onto the main event, however.
 
Wait, these are from last year's walkathon...

I don't think I ever posted these, so let's look at 2013 first, shall we?

That's what I get for unoriginal photo labels ("walkathon"), ha ha

Eli and his buddy Leo
 
Icee-chomping cheerleader
 
Now I give you the 2014 Wacky Walkathon.
Promise.
 
Benito with his buddies

Eli and Noah

Eli, Noah, and Beka

Eli rounding a turn

Millie pulling Bennett off the path

Getting lap loopy

Back in action

B did eighteen laps and Eli did sixteen,
or 4.5 miles and 4.
 
Thankfully the weather cooled down a bit for the day,
so the kids weren't melting like they have in years past.
Oh, speaking of heat, Millie and I helped
by spraying walkathoners with water bottles.
Best job.
What kid doesn't love water in the face?

No comments: